State Senator Randy Vulakovich
A lifelong citizen of Allegheny County who cares deeply about the same issues and shares the traditional values of the 255,000 residents of the 38th Senatorial District, Senator Randy Vulakovich was elected to serve in the Pennsylvania Senate in August 2012. Prior to joining the Senate, he was elected to three terms in the state House of Representatives.
Senator Vulakovich serves as Chairman of the Veterans Affairs & Emergency Preparedness Committee and as Vice Chairman of the Aging and Youth Committee. He is a member of five other Senate committees: Appropriations (Public Safety and Criminal Justice Subcommittee); Communications and Technology; Judiciary; Majority Policy; and Transportation. He also serves on the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency, the Advisory Board of the Southwestern Pennsylvania Veterans Center, the Port of Pittsburgh Commission, the 3 Rivers Wet Weather Board of Directors, and the Pittsburgh Ballet Theater Board of Trustees.
Known to many throughout the community as simply “Officer V,” Senator Vulakovich has dealt with a wide variety of demanding situations and valuable life and leadership experiences during his 27 years of dedicated service as a sergeant with the Shaler Township Police Department, including six years serving as the public school instructor in the nationally recognized anti-drug and life-skills D.A.R.E. program.
Senator Vulakovich is strongly committed to fighting for the following platform of family values and fiscal conservatism:
- Cutting government waste and frivolous spending to allow taxpayers to keep more of their hard-earned money.
- Providing true school property tax and business tax reform.
- Standing up for pro-life principles, family values and other faith-based efforts.
- Enacting meaningful state government reforms to restore public trust.
- Supporting a smaller, more-efficient government that allows for greater free market economic growth and fosters family-sustaining jobs.
- Ensuring support for police, fire and EMS services.
- Keeping Second Amendment rights “Second to None” in Pennsylvania and protecting our children through strong child abuse protection and tough anti-drug enforcement legislation.
- Protecting the services and benefits for veterans, seniors and people with disabilities.
- Reforming Pennsylvania’s health care system through strong transparency legislation in the medical, pharmaceutical and health insurance sectors.
Senator Vulakovich resides in Shaler Township with his wife “Bobbie.” They have been married for 41 years and have two children and two grandchildren.
The 38th Senatorial District includes the following Allegheny County communities: Wards 11 and 12 in the City of Pittsburgh; the boroughs of Aspinwall, Blawnox, Brackenridge, Bradford Woods, Cheswick, Etna, Fox Chapel, Franklin Park, Millvale, Springdale, Tarentum and West View and the townships of East Deer, Fawn, Frazer, Hampton, Harmar, Harrison, Indiana, Marshall, McCandless, O’Hara, Pine, Richland, Ross, Shaler, Springdale and West Deer.
It also includes the following school districts: Allegheny Valley School District, City of Pittsburgh Schools, Deer Lakes School District, Fox Chapel School District, Hampton Township School District, Highlands School District, North Allegheny School District, North Hills School District, Pine Richland School District, and Shaler Area School District.