State Senator Randy Vulakovich
A lifelong citizen of Allegheny County who cares deeply about the same issues and shares the traditional values of the more than 240,000 residents of the 40th Senatorial District, Senator Randy Vulakovich was elected to serve in the Pennsylvania Senate in August 2012. Prior to joining the Senate, he was elected to three terms in the state House of Representatives.
Senator Vulakovich serves as Chairman of the Aging and Youth Committee. He also serves on five other committees: Appropriations; Communications and Technology; Community, Economic and Recreational Development; Judiciary; and Transportation. He is also a member of the Senate Majority Policy Committee and serves on the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency and the Advisory Board of the Southwestern Pennsylvania Veterans Center.
Known to many throughout the community as simply “Officer V,” Senator Vulakovich has dealt with a wide variety of demanding situations and valuable life and leadership experiences during his 27 years of dedicated service as a sergeant with the Shaler Township Police Department, including six years serving as the public school instructor in the nationally recognized anti-drug and life-skills D.A.R.E. program.
Senator Vulakovich is strongly committed to fighting for the following platform of family values and fiscal conservatism:
- Cutting taxes, government waste and frivolous spending to allow taxpayers to keep more of their hard-earned money.
- Providing true school property tax and business tax reform.
- Standing up for pro-life principles, family values and other faith-based efforts.
- Enacting meaningful state government reforms to restore public trust.
- Supporting a smaller, more-efficient government that allows for greater free market economic growth and fosters family-sustaining jobs.
- Ensuring support for police, fire and EMS services.
- Keeping Second Amendment rights “Second to None” in Pennsylvania and protecting our children through a strong Jessica’s Law and tough anti-drug enforcement legislation.
- Protecting the services and benefits for veterans, seniors and people with disabilities.
- Reforming Pennsylvania’s health care system through strong transparency legislation in the medical, pharmaceutical and health insurance sectors.
Senator Vulakovich resides in Shaler Township with his wife “Bobbie.” They have been married for 40 years and have two children, Stacy and Randy Jr., and two grandchildren.
The 40th Senatorial District includes the following Allegheny County communities: the boroughs of Bradford Woods, Etna, Franklin Park and West View and the townships of Hampton, Marshall, McCandless, Pine, Richland, Ross, Shaler and West Deer; as well as the following Butler County communities: the boroughs of Callery, Connoquenessing, Evans City, Harmony, Mars, Seven Fields, Valencia and Zelienople and the townships of Adams, Buffalo, Clinton, Connoquenessing, Cranberry, Forward, Jackson, Middlesex and Penn.